- The consultant can be an individual consultant institution (consulting firm, research institute, NGO) that works particularly in fields related to plastic and packaging waste, marine environmental sustainability, climate change, marine pollution, or circular economy. The individual consultant or team leader having a higher degree in the related field is preferable.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of plastic circularity. Direct experience in working with Indonesia’s plastic industry is preferable.
- Have a good understanding of Extended Producers Responsibility (EPR), how it works, who is involved, and what are their roles. Direct experience of work related to EPR is preferable.
- Have a good understanding of existing policy and regulations in Indonesia, specifically those related to plastic waste management.
- Have a good experience and knowledge of fine plastic debris systems in the field including the data.
- Excellent writing skills and demonstration of collaborative working.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to ensure the greatest impact.
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver by commercial law and confidentiality.
- Demonstrate analytical assessment of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Excellent English proficiency
Role and Responsibility (Scope of Work)
The technical expert will be responsible for technical input and delivery of the following Tackling Marine Litters – Study on Enabling Environment for Plastics & Packaging Circularity activities:
- Conduct research to identify the current issues/ problems relating to policy and finance aspects that become barriers to the successful implementation of EPR
- Conduct a deep analysis of the mentioned above problems (why the problems happen, what the gaps are, what potential solutions and recommendations, such as incentive system for both the policy and financial models, etc)
- Draft policy paper based on the research and analysis and analyze the existing policy or regulations related to the EPR system (Format: 1-page containing key messages, maximum 3 pages for the executive summary, and max 25 pages for the paper)
- Present the draft policy paper in a validation workshop and finalize the paper based on the feedback from the workshop
- The following deliverables and timeline of activities are expected to be finished within 8 weeks, starting from July 2022. Further details will be discussed.
To apply please email your CV and a cover letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities to [email protected] with the subject ‘Application: EPR Policy Paper Consultant’
We are expecting the application before 30 June 2022.