- The consultant can be an individual consultant institution (consulting firm, research institute, NGO) that works particularly in plastic and packaging waste, marine environmental sustainability, climate change, marine pollution, or circular economy. An individual consultant or team leader having a higher degree in the related field is preferable.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of plastic circularity. Direct experience of working with Indonesia’s plastic industry is preferable.
- Have a good understanding of Extended Producers’ Responsibility (EPR), how it works, who is involved, and what their roles are. Direct experience of work related to EPR is preferable.
- Have a good understanding of existing policies and regulations in Indonesia, specifically those related to plastic waste management.
- Have a good experience and knowledge of fine plastic debris systems in the field including the data.
- Excellent writing skills and a demonstration of collaborative working.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to ensure the greatest impact.
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver commercially and confidentially.
- Demonstrate analytical assessment of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Excellent English proficiency
Role and Responsibility (Scope of Work)
The technical expert will be responsible for technical input and delivery of the following Tackling Marine Litters – Review the President’s Regulation (PERPRES) No. 83 of the Year 2018 on Marine Litter Handling activities:
- Review the President’s Regulation (PERPRES) No. 83 of the Year 2018 on Marine Litter Handling
- Conduct deep analysis of the achievements, gaps, challenges, and options for solutions and recommendations.
- Draft policy paper based on the research and analysis with the following format: 1 page for key messages, maximum 3 pages for the executive summary, and max 25 pages for the paper)
- Present the draft policy paper in a validation workshop and finalize the paper based on the feedback from the workshop
The following deliverables and timeline of activities are expected to be finished within 8 weeks, starting from the first week of September 2022. Further information and TOR can be accessed here.
To apply, please email your proposal, CV, and covers letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities to [email protected] with the subject ‘Application: Policy Paper Consultant – Handling Marine Debris – [Name]’
We are expecting the application before September 2nd, 2022.