Since the beginning of March 2020, PT Vale Indonesia have taken several precautions, including:
- Suspend all international and domestic trips for business except those that are critical.
- Stops flights to and from Sorowako except for emergencies
- Activities that involve many people at the same time and place are also suspended.
- Implement work from home mechanisms for certain types of work and for employees with a history of health problems.
- For employees who are still needed on the job site, the Company provides special support to maintain health,
- Perform periodic spraying of disinfectants in operational vehicles and work areas.
- At Sorowako Airport and the entrances to the operation area, a body temperature check is done with a thermo camera, also placing a sterilization booth
- Closing public facilities under PT Vale’s management and applying a home study method for YPS students.
- Preparing the hospital and the isolation room in case there is a positive case of COVID-19
- Campaigning together with religious leaders for social distancing
- Collaborate with local governments and help procure ambulances, PPE, disinfectants, ventilators, thermo guns to several areas
At present the district government has also begun to aim to close or restrict access in and out of the district. PT Vale continues to collaborate with various parties to jointly prevent the spread of COVID-19. You may check more than dozen of PT Vales Indonesia’s initiatives and collaboration in coping the situation caused by COVID-19 on their youtube: https://www.youtube.com/