The Conflict Resolution Unit of the Indonesia Business Council for Sustainable Development in cooperation with the LEOPALD project of GIZ is currently developing a series of educational materials (a toolkit) for stakeholders in oil palm plantations. These materials are expected to support initiatives to develop equitable partnerships between farmers and corporations and/or resolving conflicts among them.
Key stakeholders have been identified as a segmented audience, namely plantation corporations, communities, local governments, NGOs working with those communities, and mediators who might mediate conflicts in the plantation sector. For each of these specific learning materials will be developed. It is expected that these learning materials will support the efforts to build sustainable and fair partnerships and conflict resolution processes.
To support this initiative, CRU is seeking an expert in learning materials development to bring his/her perspectives and insights to the efforts as a consultant.
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
Ensure that the materials produced are educationally appropriate to each audience segment both in design and content.
- Advice authors and or content specialists in developing the text/content for the learning materials
- Assist in the sequencing and presentation of the educational content in the appropriate format to facilitate optimal learning.
- Prepare appropriate format for the presentation or design for the materials.
- Prepare pre-testing methodology and instruments and carry out field testing of the materials in coordination with authors and or content specialist.
- Edit the final versions of the training materials to ensure optimal comprehension of the intended audience. These tasks will be caried out intermitendly for 35 working days during a period of three months.
- Knowledge and experience in the development of learning materials for adult education (andragogy) and/or extension materials.
- Appropriate degree in education, communication, visual communication/graphic design or relevant fields.
- Field experience in communication with diverse stakeholders.
- Willing to travel if necessary and able to work cooperatively within a team
- At least 3 years of professional experience in similar projects or equivalent.
How to Apply
The closing date to submit the application letter is on December 30th, 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified