IBCSD Researcher & IBCSD PROJECT MANAGER
The Indonesia Business Council for Sustainable Development (IBCSD), a national development organization that focus on promoting sustainable development through sustainable eco-nomic growth, the ecological balance and social progress, is seeking energetic individuals with solid administrative skills and experience to provide high quality assistance in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual environment.
1. JOB VACANCY : RESEARCHER ASSOCIATES
Research Assistants/Associates are expected to conduct 1 Month research project with detail responsibilities will be written on the Term of Reference of the Project Study. Weekly work update requirements and schedules must be discussed with the supervisor to ensure that the work priorities can be accomplished in the 80 work hours scheduled. Concerns about any additional responsibilities should be discussed first with the supervisor (Program Director).
- Carrying out desk research to review previous research findings to gain a broad understanding of purposed research.
- Conduct a desk review of relevant documents including existing studies, reports, surveys or other data related to the research focus.
- Reviews scientific literature and synthesizes and summarizes information.
- Conduct literature reviews and comprehending desk research that defined by the supervisor refer to the Term of Reference.
- Summarize project results and prepare a research report and other briefing papers.
- Prepare presentations of findings.
- Undertake other tasks required for the successful completion of the assignment.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master's degree (or equivalent) in social sciences, political science, international affairs, or a related technical field of research, as defined by the supervisor/lead researcher
- 2 – 3 years of experience in similar responsibilities /or work experience related to the field of forestry and plantation.
- Attention to Detail: Finding the right information takes concentration.
- Strong interest in conducting high-quality research
- Excellent social science research skills with experience conducting desk research, primary data collection and data analysis.
- Able to collect, manage and analyze large amounts of qualitative data to draw out key findings and conclusions and develop draft recommendations.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written communication.
2. JOB VACANCY: IBCSD PROJECT MANAGER
- Responsible for the project implementation and conducting project events (arrangement of logistics for meetings, focus group discussion, workshops/seminars, training and conferences) in coordination with IBCSD Team.
- Liaise with the relevant stakeholders such as sectoral bodies and authorities, chambers of commerce and industries, business councils, and business sector for project implementation.
- Provide administrative support with respect to the implementation of project.
- Facilitate the coordination and collaboration between IBCSD and other relevant agencies on activities related to the project.
Required Skills and Experience
- Male / Female, Age max 35 years old
- Minimum university degree in Management, Public Administration, Social Science or other relevant field and Postgraduate degree in Economics, Management will be an advantage
- (4) years of relevant work experience in technical role, research and technical skills in the relevant area and ability to acquire them.
- Proven skills in problem solving in a complex organizational environment and
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, monitor and work planning.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize tasks and work flows, with proven ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to
- Very good oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills, including experience in cross-cultural environment
- Demonstrated commitment to working relationships with stakeholders.
- Competency in computer skills with adequate collaborative work practices.
- Ability to function effectively, independently and as part of a team